Software Engineer/Frontend Developer
|Title:||Software Engineer/Frontend Developer|
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
Alelo Inc. uses gaming principles to help people become more effective communicators across languages and cultures worldwide. We have developed software products that combine advanced concepts from game design, speech recognition, and instructional design. Our training solutions are deployed as self-contained web sites, mobile apps, and plugins to third-party software. We are looking for someone to help enhance our existing products, and take them to the next level.
The current engineering team is small and very relaxed, but they always meet their deadlines. Our engineers are expected to be able to work independently without being micromanaged, but still be part of a cohesive team.
Title of the Position: Software Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Production
Implement business logic and page design across a variety of platforms, focusing primarily on desktop browsers and mobile apps.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement next-generation web application
- Implement next-generation mobile app
- 3+ years experience in software development
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Capable of developing in Java or C#
- Comfortable on UNIX/Linux command line
- History of working with Subversion or CVS
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Development and deployment of mobile applications
- Ability to determine and prioritize tasks
- Comfortable in digging through legacy code in arcane languages
- Experience using the Sencha Touch library
- Configuration using XML or JSON files
- Interaction with relational databases
- Experience with a 3D game engine such as Unreal or Unity
- Knowledge of automated build-systems (ANT, Hudson, Make, etc.)
Alelo (www.alelo.com) is an award-winning creator of innovative, computer-based “serious” games that utilize social simulation to teach global competence. Our software incorporates state-of-the-art instructional design, social science, and patented avatar technology for socially intelligent virtual humans that interact with the learner in dynamic, immersive scenarios. Course instruction is modeled on a task-based, situated learning methodology effective for rapid skill development and application to real world situations. Our unique approach provides highly effective and customizable training for learners at different levels who need intercultural communication skills to succeed in the 21st century.
This position requires US Citizenship for government clearance eligibility.
This is a full time position. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health/dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays. Employees enjoy an informal work environment. Alelo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local (Los Angeles area) candidates only. No immigration sponsorship (H1B and similar). No outsourcing companies. No agencies. No consultants/contractors. Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, or visits.
To apply, please visit http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications